In today's post i'm going to be sharing the recipe for my all time favorite vegan cookies!
These cookies have such a lovely texture, crispy parts on the outside and soft in the middle...yummm. I have found that everyone who has tried these, whether they are vegan or not really enjoyed the taste. Who doesn't love a good cookie?
I originally got this recipe from The Vegan Corner but often change it up to make different variations of cookies. The good thing about this recipe is you can just take the basic cookie mix then add extras to really make it your own! OK so lets jump into it...
What you will need:
- 180g brown sugar
- 100g non dairy milk (I like to use almond)
- 100g smooth peanut butter (this can be substituted with any nut butter if you don't want to use peanut)
- 200g all purpose flour or GF flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- About 80g or chocolate, dried fruit or other filling of your choice (I love to change this part up between different flavor chocolate, dried fruit, nuts and seeds).
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
- In a large mixing bowl add the sugar and milk, mix until the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Add the peanut butter and mix again.
- Next add the flour and bicarb. At this point you don't want to over mix or cookies will become doughy and tough. So just mix enough to combine the ingredients then stop. However if you are using gluten free flour this won't happen so you can mix as much as you want!
- Finally add the chocolate, fruit ect of your choice and gently mix to distribute evenly.
- Using a spoon, portion the mixture onto a baking tray. You don't need to be too neat about this, it's quite good to keep the height rather than pressing down the mixture. This way you will get nice fluffy cookies.
- Cook for about 15 minutes
(See photo above of how I like to portion the cookie mix ready for baking).
And there you have it...hopefully some of the most delicious homemade vegan cookies you will try! These are perfect to snack on throughout the day or with a cup of tea. I think these would also make a really lovely gift for someone who enjoys a sweet treat!
Thanks again for checking back and reading this post. I really hope you enjoyed today's recipe, let me know what you think!
This section of my website is all about food...one of my fav things in the world! Here you will find recipes, reviews, quick mentions and delicious foodie finds!